How to clean your Rancilio Silvia
Rancilio Silvia combines elements derived from the professional coffee machines to a single boiler without the heat exchanger typical of "entry level" domestic machines. The addition of a steel body and a professional filter holder, not to mention a steam lance with both horizontal and vertical rotation, allows to obtain espresso coffee and creamy cappuccinos like those of your favorite bar. Here we provide a short guide to correctly clean daily the Rancilio Silvia. The information comes directly from the Rancilio Silvia manual.
Daily clening of Rancilio Silvia
Be aware of the following steps!
A – Do not use abrasive sponges and detergents or solvents! If cleaner is required, follow the instructions on the package!
B – Do not immerse the machine into water!
1. Flush brewing group
2. Brush the seal under the group head. ATTENTION: Do not brush the shower!
3. Insert blind filter disk, add cleaning detergent for espresso coffee machines
4. Lock the porta-filter into the group head. Remove cup-holder grid
5.Turn on coffee switch for 5 sec. then let it rest for 10 sec. ATTENTION: repeat until water runs clear in drip tray
6. Remove porta-filter with blind filter disk, rinse both under fresh water
7. Insert blind filter disk and lock porta-filter again
8. Rinse several times
9. Empty drip tray
10. Unlock the filter basket, clean all parts. ATTENTION: Rinse with hot water to dissolve any coffee oil residue
11. Insert filter basket into porta-filter and insert into group head, reattach cup-holder grid
12. Clean housing with damp cloth. ATTENTION: follow the grain of the satin finish on stainless steel parts