In this post Caffè Italia presents the features and advantages of this innovative technology that make La Marzocco Linea Mini coffee machines easy and practical to use, despite being professional coffee machines.
Discovering La Marzocco GS3 AV
La Marzocco GS3 AV is a professional coffee machine that can also be used at home by all lovers of excellent coffee. La Marzocco GS3 AV presents the following components:
- two stainless steel boilers for the simultaneous supply of coffee and steam or hot water.
- an integrated 3.5-liter water tank or optional connection to the water supply.
- two stainless steel Performance Touch lances for the delivery of hot water and steam.
- a backlit multifunction keyboard.
- an intuitive digital display for adjusting temperature control and the volumes of water during dispensing.
La Marzocco GS3 AV is also equipped with two pressure gauges, positioned to the left of the brew group. The first pressure gauge allows the control of the water pressure in the group while the second pressure gauge controls the pressure of the steam boiler. The digital display is positioned to the right of the brew group above the backlit keyboard. The keyboard buttons are equipped with icons representing all the main drinks that can be prepared: espresso, double espresso, coffee, double coffee and tea. The drink buttons allow, in programming mode, to adjust the preparation settings of each individual drink. The machine is equipped with a large and comfortable cup warmer tray which uses the residual heat from the boiler.
Using La Marzocco GS3 AV
Manual use of the La Marzocco GS3 AV is very simple. First of all it is necessary to bring the machine to the correct temperature that is reached when the keyboard buttons become backlit. After further heating the machine by sliding some hot water into the group, simply insert the filter holder with the desired dose of coffee, select the button corresponding to the drink and the machine will automatically adjust the necessary flow of water inside the filter holder. La Marzocco GS3 AV is also equipped with two programming systems. The first one that can be used with the machine on allows the regulation of the steam and the dispensing temperature. Within this program it is possible to program the length of the espresso and the programming of the other drinks. The second programming mode can be managed with the machine off and allows you to adjust some general operating settings: boiler temperature, display language, water filter change signal.
The Marzocco GS3 AV allows the preparation of milk-based drinks thanks to the steam wand and a boiler exclusively dedicated to the supply of steam which can be activated using a convenient on-off lever. The two Performance Touch lances are built with the use of materials that make them always comfortable to the touch. To prepare hot drinks, simply press the tea button which will activate a jet of hot water adjustable in length and temperature via the programming menu.
Maintenance and Cleaning
In terms of maintenance and cleaning it is advisable to remove the filter holder and the relative baskets and immerse them in hot water and detergents for a period of about 30 minutes. The Marzocco GS3 AV is equipped with a descaling program that can be managed by inserting a special detergent useful for removing coffee residues and residual oils. The steam wands, if they have residual milk, can be dismantled and immersed in hot water. For users using La Marzocco GS3 AV with tank it is recommended to remove the tank at least once a month to wash it with soap and water and rinse it.
- Exposed Saturated Group: increased temperature stability, ergonomics and workspace visibility.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Internal Pump: makes the GS3 ideal for the home.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & precision baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display: temperature display, shot timers, flow pulse counter and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Performance Touch Steam Wands: High performing steam wandsthat are cool to the touch
- Water Reservoir: an integrated 3.5 liter water tank makes plumbing optional.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Machine Operation: automatic (AV) and mechanical paddle (MP) versions.
|Height (cm/in)||35,5 / 14|
|Width (cm/in)||40 / 16|
|Depth (cm/in)||53 / 21|
|Weight (kg/lbs)||34,5 / 76,1|
|Voltage (V)||110V – 220V|
|Amps Service Required (A)||–|
|Standard Watts (W)||2100(220V) 1600(100V)|
|Optional Watts (W)||–|
|Coffee Boiler (L)||1,5|
|Steam Boiler (L)||3,5|
Caffè Italia presents a review of the Marzocco Linea Mini, a model inspired by the famous Linea Classic model conceived in this case for the domestic world. The Marzocco Linea Mini is a combination of elegance and reliability that allows all "home baristas" to prepare a wide variety of drinks: from espresso coffee to cappuccino, from long coffee to latte macchiato.
- Be the first to review this product